Helsinki Partners is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with requirements for accessibility as outlined in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to the website ‘Helsinki Material Bank’ of the Helsinki Partners. The site address is https://materialbank.myhelsinki.fi.
This website meets the statutory critical accessibility requirements in accordance with Level AA of the WCAG v2.1 with the following deficiencies.
The content mentioned below does not yet meet all of the statutory accessibility requirements.
- Some adjacent links redirect to the same destination. (1.1.1 Non-text Content)
- The website contains text that has not been marked with an appropriate lang-attribute. (3.1.2 Language of parts)
- The contrast ratio between text and background colour is not sufficient in all cases. (1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum))
- Jump to content-hotkeys instructions are not delivered visually. Hotkeys can not be turned off or modified. (2.1.4 Character Key Shortcuts)
- Some headings are marked incorrectly. (1.3.1 Info and Relationship)
- Some video recordings do not have sufficient captions or audio descriptions. (1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded), 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded), 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded))
- The cookie notification is last in tabbing order and some of the content is hidden behind it until closed. (2.4.3 Focus Order)
- Some of the interactive elements do not have an accessible name or role. (4.1.2 Name, Role, Value)
- Focus indicator is not always visible. (2.4.7 Focus Visible)
- Some of the interactive elements are not focusable by keyboard. (2.1.1 Keyboard)
- -tag has been used to create empty space. (1.3.1 Info and Relationship)
- Some status messages are not read automatically by screen readers. (4.1.3 Status Messages)
The website has content that is not subject to the requirements of the legislation. Such content is:
- Files published before 23 September 2018
- Video recordings published before 23 September 2020
Helsinki Partners is committed to fixing these issues, so that https://materialbank.myhelsinki.fi/ will be compliant according to regulations.
Subsequent updates to these issues will be validated via an audit, to ensure that the content is accessible.
Obtaining information in an accessible form
Due to these deficiencies, you can request the non-accessible content from the administrator of this website: [email protected] The aim is to reply to the enquiry within a reasonable time frame.
Preparing an accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15/06/2021.
Assessment of accessibility
The working instruction and procedures of the City of Helsinki were followed when evaluating the accessibility of the site, with the aim of ensuring that websites are accessible in all stages of the work process.
Accessibility was evaluated by means of an audit by a third-party expert as well as self-evaluation.
Accessibility was evaluated using a programmatic accessibility auditing tool as well as by manually reviewing the site and content.
Defects reported by the evaluation tools were reviewed and, if necessary, corrected.
The third-party expert audit was carried out by Unicus Ltd.
Feedback and contact information
If you want to give feedback about accessibility on https://materialbank.myhelsinki.fi to notify Helsinki Partners about compliance failures, or to request information, you may contact us via email at: [email protected]
Helsinki Partners is responsible for processing requests sent by the aforementioned information.
Reporting non-accessible content
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, first send feedback to the site administrator, as described in the “Feedback and contact information” section. We aim to respond to you within 14 days.
Legal protection of accessibility,
If a user feels that their report or enquiry has not received a response or that the response is unsatisfactory, they can report the issue to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility monitoring unit
Telephone exchange +358 295 016 000
Open: Mon-Fri at 8:00–16:15
Approval of the accessibility statement
The statement was last reviewed on 22/06/2021 by Helsinki Partners.